Temples and Tigers tour will offer you the chance to explore the historical, cultural, artistic, and century-old monuments, shrines, temples, and stupas within the Valley and to enjoy the wonderful wildlife of the Bardia National Park. It is the perfect Unique, Unforgettable mixture of nature and culture.
Duration of the tour –8 nights/9 days
- One of Nepal’s best-kept secrets: Bardia National Park
- The cultural gem: the Royal City of Bhaktapur
Temples and Tigers Tour Itinerary
- Day 01 – Pick up at the airport and transfer to the hotel
- Day 02 – Visit Bhaktapur and the ancient Hindu temple of Changu Narayan
- Day 03 – Visit of Boudha Stupa, Pashupatinath and Swayambhunath
- Day 04 – Flight to Nepalgunj and then transfer by jeep to Bardia National Park
- Day 05 – Safari activities
- Day 06 – Visit the Karnali Bridge over the Karnali River. The asymmetric, single-tower, cable-stayed bridge is the longest of its type in Nepal. Safari activities and time to rest
- Day 07 – Flight back to Kathmandu
- Day 08 – Visit Patan and free afternoon
- Day 09 – Drop off at the airport for departure
Brief information about the places we will visit during this tour:
Bhaktapur is probably the most visited of the three historic cities of the Valley. It is a medieval town locked in centuries-old beliefs and traditions. The city is famous for its glorious architecture, sky-high temples, like the awesome Nyatapola Temple, Nepal’s tallest ancient structure, fine clay pottery and royal courtyards where devotees, still today celebrate their pre-historic festivals.
Changu Narayan Temple is located 4 kilometers north of Bhaktapur and is the oldest Vishnu shrine in Kathmandu Valley. Founded as early as 325 AD, it is one of Nepal’s most beautiful and historically important structures. The two-story temple has many intricate carvings of the ten incarnations of Vishnu and different multi-armed Tantric goddesses. Changu Narayan’s true gems, however, are the Lichhavai period (4th to 9th centuries) stone, wood, and metal carvings in the courtyard surrounding the main temple.
Boudhanath Stupa is one of the largest stupas in the world and is the religious and cultural center of the broad community of Tibetan Refugees in Nepal. It is a holy place rich in Buddhist symbolism.
Pashupatinath is the most important Hindu Temple in Nepal and is set on the banks of the sacred river Bagmati. It is not only a religious destination, but a mix of art, culture, peace, and devotion. Hundreds of rituals are performed every day on its premises which are considered an open, living museum. In the age of mythology, Lord Shiva and his consort lived here by this tributary of the holy Ganges.
Swayambhunath Stupa overlooks most parts of the Kathmandu valley, offering the visitors a panoramic view of the city, particularly enchanting at sunset. According to the legend, the hill on top of which the stupa rises, originated when the valley was created out of a primordial lake It is said that the great Emperor Ashoka visited this site more than 2,000 years ago.
Bardiya National Park Bardiya National Park, the largest untouched wilderness is one of the most famous destinations to experience real wilderness adventure in the Terai region of western Nepal. It is one of the largest protected areas that has covered 968km2 (374sq mi) area of Terai. Around 70 percent of the area is filled with beautiful Sal trees and the rest of the 30 percent is with whispering grassland, savannah, and riverine forest. This beautiful National park is a border with the stunning Geruwa and Karnali Rivers which is spectacular to explore. Bardiya National Park is a home place to the rare and endangered Royal Bengal Tiger and One-Horned Rhinoceros. In this National Park, more than 30 different mammals and 250 bird species have been recorded. This amazing and exciting journey will provide you an opportunity to encounter various endangered wildlife including, Tiger, Rhinoceros, Elephant, and five species of deer. Apart from this National Park, you can also visit Karnali River and witness and enjoy Gigantic Dolphins and two Crocodile species. This tour also offers you to meet with the native ethnic people called Tharu and observe their unique culture and tradition.
Patan- Once one of the independent kingdoms of the Kathmandu Valley, Patan is also the oldest existing Buddhist city in the Valley. Despite the close proximity to the capital Kathmandu, its ‘preserved’ ancestral culture distinguishes Patan as a unique place to experience. Patan is also known as Lalitpur, the “City of Beauty”, and its unique Durbar Square is surrounded on all four sides by awe-inspiring temples and shrines.